Who Am I?
My given name is Danielle Savage but I have been called Stargazer for many years. I am the single mom of 4 (now adult) boys/men. I have lived a pretty unconventional life. I am a trauma survivor, recovering addict. When I got sick in my 40’s and western medicine failed me, I started using my skill in research to find answers. That journey lead me here. My story is long (and on the blog), so I won’t rehash it here. I fought tooth and nail to have the life that I have now. To be honest, it has turned out to be so much more than I ever thought I was capable of. During my journey, I realized that I had gone through this for the most important reason of all. To be able to help others who are in a similar situation. To give back to the community.
As a Holistic Health Coach, I am a professional who uses an integrative approach to both diet and lifestyle changes to improve your health. Working as a guide toward an overall healthier life, we will examine lifestyle and behaviors such as nutrition patterns, relationships, physical fitness, and many other things. We all know that health is so much more than specifically diet and exercise. It is also affected by supportive relationships, meaningful work, work/life balance, spirituality, and more.
As your coach, I will:
- Coach and educate you about how to achieve and sustain good health such as a daily routine involving whole, nutritious foods, exercise, stress management, and adequate sleep.
- Empower you to achieve optimal health, for the present and the future, through addressing any imbalances caused by improper nutrition, lifestyle stressors, poor quality sleep, insufficient water, lack of exercise, and relaxation.
- Educate you to evaluate your lifestyle choices and to identify and change any potential causes of ill health.
- Create healthy environments, conduct educational activities and demonstrations, and support you in reaching your personal wellness objectives.
- Recognize when it is necessary to refer you to your primary care physician for treatment and/or diagnosis.
I have studied and researched basic holistic anatomy, physiology, nutrition essentials, eating, and exercising, as well as wellness and stress management, understanding and preventing disease, making healthy choices and overcoming obstacles.
I worked as a case manager in public mental health with the SMI community for many years. This has taught me motivational interviewing, positive psychology, mind-body medicine, and working with character strengths.
Many HHC charge hundreds of dollars an hour. That is neither my intention nor my goal. My purpose in life is to heal others. That said, I will work with people based on what they can afford. So many areas of this country have no access (or access is denied by insurance) to the education and knowledge base of holistic and plant medicine. In these times, it is needed more than ever before. My goal in this endeavor is to fund a non-profit that runs a FREE MOBILE Holistic Clinic that travels to underserved areas. Check out the page on Gaia’s Light here.
In closing, if you are interested in working with me to achieve your wellness goals, Please don’t hesitate to contact me at:
I look forward to partnering with anyone who is ready to make positive changes in their life!